This toolkit has been developed to support you to promote and support community safety in your area.
This toolkit contains information and resources that can be used on social media pages, in response to queries within Facebook groups, on community notice boards and within parish magazines and community newsletters. It features social media post templates and images as well as printable posters and leaflets.
If you would like more information about anything mentioned within the toolkit, you can contact your local Safer Together Team coordinator - information about the team below.
The role of the Police and Crime Commissioner
The job of the Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) is to ensure the policing needs of their communities are met as effectively as possible, bringing communities closer to the police, building trust and confidence in the system.
The PCC’s role is not just about policing though, it involves wider criminal justice and community safety responsibilities.
The PCC for Lincolnshire is Marc Jones. He does not run the police, as the Chief Constable is responsible for all police operations, but his role is to:
- Be the public’s representative on and to policing locally, regionally and nationally
- Appoint the Chief Constable and hold them to account for running the police force
- Publish and deliver a Police and Crime Plan, setting the policing, crime and criminal justice objectives for Lincolnshire
- Consult with the public on council tax levels for policing and set that level annually
- Bring together community safety and criminal justice partners to ensure public spending priorities are met where possible
- Receive funding from the ministry of justice to deliver local victim support services
- Influence the making and changing of legislation to ensure the views of Lincolnshire residents are reflected
Who are the Safer Together Team and how can they help you?
The Safer Together Team are part of the PCC’s office.
The team work with communities and partners to prevent and reduce harm. They aim to ensure that our communities are given the opportunity to participate to the fullest possible extent in the decisions that affect their lives.
The team is made up of a team leader and four coordinators that each cover an area of Lincolnshire.
Your local coordinator is able to work with you to better understand the issues and concerns affecting your community and share this with the PCC, police and relevant partners to inform decisions and directly address these issues.
The team can also share key information and advice to help you and your community play a part in keeping your local area safe.
Contacting your local coordinator
Boston and South Holland
Lincoln and West Lindsey
North and South Kesteven
The Safer Together Team use Lincolnshire Alert to share news and local safety information with their communities.
Lincolnshire Alert is a free messaging service, where you decide when and how you are kept informed about the issues that matter to you.
The team use Lincolnshire Alert to:
- Keep you informed about local news and community safety information for your area
- Help you stay safe by sharing crime prevention advice
- Give you a voice. We want to know your opinions and understand the needs and issues affecting your community. You can reply to our messages and complete surveys to speak directly to us.
Parish councils can use their social media platforms and community publications to explain the importance of reporting crime.
Download resources about various crime types - including how to report and where to get support - to share in your community
Support is available to victims of crime - regardless of whether they have chosen to make a report to the police or not